24 February 2012

Don't Be Afraid of Snakes(kin)


Darien1 Booty (Image Source: Piperlime.com)
I adore these shoes! They are sculptural, sexy, and snakeskin, I mean python-embossed leather. I scooped up a pair of these Darien1 booties at Max Azaria in Georgetown after Christmas at a deep discount.  They are still available through Piperlime.com.  Although these funky beauties are a holdover from last season, it looks like this animal print will continue its popularity throughout the spring.
Kristin Wristlet (Image Source: Coach.com)
Over at Coach.com embossed python leather is featured on this new Kristin Wristlet as well as on many of their other handbags and accessories.  So my appreciation for and excitement over the current It fabric got me thinking, "Can you design a room around this item of clothing?". You remember, like they used to do in Domino Magazine.  (I'll still miss that magazine!)  Well of course you can!  And I did!  In miniature, of course.



I used this fabulous fabric (no animals were harmed in the design of this room---I promise) to upholster two walls in this room and I think they make a great backdrop for the bed. Full disclosure, this room came into being before I purchased my beloved pair of shoes. But that just lets you know that I've been an admirer of snakeskin, er uhm python-embossed leather for some time now.

Here are the details on the goods in this room: pink ant chair by Reac Japan; box spring, mattress and pillows are Kaleidoscope House furniture set; table, tansu step chest, and Marimekko mug by Rement; cell phone was an accessory that came with a mini Bratz doll; plaid teddy bear was a cell phone charm I picked up from a local store that specializes in Asian imports; and the framed photograph, pink neck rolls and Marimekko floorcloth are also custom made by me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your aesthetic sensibilities, leave a comment!

 
;